When we talk about a dog’s physical stimulation, dental problems are very important. If you can’t afford dental work for your dog, let’s see the excuses you will have to overcome this issue.
If you’re unable to afford dental work for your dog, you can ask for money from pet organizations, find a low-cost veterinarian in your area, borrow some money, sell something, use care credit or a credit card, ask for a payment plan, ask for a discount, & follow good dental care health practices.
Are you satisfied with the above facts? Yes, I know you are not delighted with the above circumstances because there is more to survey about this issue. That’s why I’m gonna explain more.
Table of Contents
What can you do if you cannot afford dental work for your dog?
Why can’t you afford dental work for your dog? You might be very busy with your office work, children, and other work, etc.
That is not an excuse for your dog’s dental health. Once you decide to adopt a dog, a lot of responsibilities will jump on your head. And you can’t run away from these problems. You may have reasonable matters, but it doesn’t matter.
Your priority is your dog. However, let’s see what justification you have when you are not able to afford dental work for your dog.
The next thing is, you hafta pay a massive bill to your vet for your dog’s dental work. It can be more than $400.
Some people really cannot bear that bill. This is the prominent problem dog people are having. But those are not excuses, and keep it in your mind dogs are not like human beings.
They cannot exist without your help. So let’s see what to do if you cannot afford dental work for your dogs.
If you are don’t have enough money
1. Find a low-cost vet in your area
It’s a well-known fact that we hafta pay a huge bill to your vet for your dog’s dental problem. Typically it’s around up to $400.
Some people are not capable of paying that much. Although you cannot ignore your innocent dog’s pain.
Consider googling low-cost vets in your area and take your dog to him/her.
Suggested Reading: Do veterinarians overcharge?
2. Borrow some money
Dental health is very necessary, so don’t think twice about borrowing some money from a person who can provide it. This is the problem with your dog’s health. Don’t let him suffer.
3. Sell something
Because some dental issues such as rotten teeth are very dangerous to your dog’s life. Your dog may be dying because that is a very painful disease.
At a time like this, give your priority to your dog’s life. To find some money you hafta sell something you have. This is a very pathetic situation, but what if you haven’t any excuse?
4. Ask for help from a pet organization.
There is a number of organizations willing to help when we are in an emergency. They might provide new medicine, doctors, and such.
Or else they will pay your bills. If you are in a very emergency condition and also without enough money, you can contact an organization like that. Don’t forget there are so many people to help you.
5. Save money as far as you can
If you have a dog, you hafta keep an account of your dog’s needs. We don’t know at what time your dog gets sick. We hafta get ready for anything.
So the best thing is saving money as much as you can. Use that money only for emergency occasions.
6. Ask for a discount
If you can’t afford dental work for your dog because of the cost, better ask for a discount from your vet.
There are some seasons such as national pet day, national pet dental month (February)… at a time like that, your vet might offer some discount for you.
7. Payment plan
You can go for a payment plan if you are a trustworthy customer. Your vet will consider the possibilities and will let you go for a payment plan.
8. Brush your dog’s teeth
You can allocate some time to brush your dog’s teeth, can’t you? This fact will help your dog’s basic dental health.
It will reduce your dog’s bad breath, gum disease, etc. Do this before a bad thing happens. It will help to keep your dog’s dental health continuously.
9. Dog mouthwash/ antibiotics
There are so many products in the market, and you can buy the perfect mouthwash for your dog. It will reduce bacteria and improve breath.
And also, it will help to overcome other issues as well. When we talk about antibiotics, they can help with infections.
If you don’t have enough time to brush your dog’s teeth and such, you can hire someone to do those things.
Or you can keep your dog in a doggy care center and ask them to do these things.
By the way, Here is whether vets can keep your vet.
Is dental care essential for your dog? If yes, why?
Have you ever had a dental problem? Yes, as humans, everyone has faced it. So how do you feel when you have dental pain? That is like hell.
So dogs feel the same. And now, how do you feel? Is dental care essential for your dog or not? Take yourself as an example.
From my point of view, the answer is YES. A good owner must care about his/her dog’s dental health. Why?
Why should you care about your dog’s dental health?
1. Keep a good mental and physical fitness.
When your dog has dental pain, he/she refuses food at once. When your dog lives with pain in his/her mouth, he/she will never want to eat anything.
As a result, they will become sick. Besides weight loss, heart issues will occur.
2. To reduce the pain
Normally dogs are very talented at hiding their dental pain. Although they are suffering from dental pain, we will not be able to find it. That’s why dogs need this.
Suggested Reading: Here is why do dogs refuse to drink water after dental surgery.
3. We can prevent the dog from tooth losing
In time to come, your dog’s teeth can be damaged. As a result, he/she will not have the capability of eating, biting as well. So this will help to prevent your dog’s teeth from losing.
4. To save your future money, brush your dog’s teeth regularly
If you can brush your dog’s teeth from now onward, your dog will not become sick. It will be good for your pocket. So let’s start to brush your dog’s teeth.
5. Improve breath and prevent bad breath
Have you ever noticed the breath of your dog? If it is bad too, there are some problems with your dog’s teeth. To overcome those mistaken dental care is very essential.
How to reduce the cost of dental work for your dog?
Are you afraid of seeing your dog’s dental bill? Yes. Although we are rich or poor, we have some hard times.
At a time like that, we try to reduce our bills and spend money slowly. Sometimes we wish we could have some extra money to handle our daily routine.
At that moment, how to manage the cost of dental work. You need to find a solution immediately because your dog is already in pain. Let’s see what some ways to reduce the cost of dental work for your dog are.
- Stop visiting the doctors who issue expensive vet bills. The value doesn’t depend on money. It depends on the service they provide. So find a good doctor to suit your pocket,
- Don’t buy supplements if your dog is healthy enough. Specifically for dental health.
- Don’t spend money on unnecessary foods and beverages. Those foods will damage your dog’s teeth too. Specifically, sweet foods.
- Give medicine on time. Do not crack the medicine routine. Once you break it, it will not be useful. And then you will have to get the medicine for your dog again.
- Going to the doctor will make it a habit for your dog. Don’t let it become a habit if the problem is not severe.
By the way, here is what to do if your dog has never been to the vet.
Here are some good habits to keep your dog in good dental health?
As a responsible owner, you hafta keep your eye on your dog’s physical needs. Dental health is also one of the significant circumstances.
Teeth are an essential part of your dog’s body, and you hafta check your dog’s dental health at least once a week.
So, in the beginning, if you follow the below tips, the dog will not be able to face dental problems. So let’s see what are they
1. Brush your dog’s teeth every day
If you wanna keep your dog’s dental health continuously, you hafta brush his/her teeth daily. When you brush your dog’s teeth, you can use proper toothpaste.
It should be a dog’s one. You can’t use whatever you want.
2. Keep your dog away from harmful foods
What kinda foods should your dog avoid? I’m gonna list out a few of them.
- Too cold foods and beverages
- Too hot foods and beverages
- There are some kinda rice and potatoes
When you are going to feed your dog, concentrate on the above foods.
3. Check your dog’s teeth at least once a year
Make sure to take your dog to the vet and get a dental checkup at least once a year. If you want to visit the vet more than one time a year, that’s fine. It depends on your ability.
4. Keep eye on your dog
You hafta check your dog’s dental problem at home. See whether your dog bit some unnecessary things such as plastic, toys, sand, small rocks, etc.
Because of some rough things, your dog’s teeth can break.
5. Contact your vet regularly
Keep a good companionship with your vet. Consider calling him/her at least once a week and get advice from the vet. And tell your dog’s progress as well.
Things to be aware of.
- Don’t test medicine- some people try to give some medicine without having good knowledge or without asking their doctor’s permission. You should not do that. This is a problem with your dog’s life.
- Don’t run away from your dog – because of the dental problem your dog might have bad breath. At a time like that, you should not reject your lovely pooch. Mutual understanding is very important when you are adopting a dog.
- Consider the foods you give – You already know the foods which are not good for your dog’s health. Try to avoid those foods and give healthy food such as vegetables, soft meat, fruits etc.
- Give medicine on time – don’t skip the medicine
- Make sure to meet your vet as soon as you notice a difference in your dog’s teeth.
- Don’t let time go – do the things today itself. If your dog has any issue with its teeth, hurry up and meet the doctor. Doesn’t matter how deep the pain is. Do it quickly. Because it is very painful when dogs have dental problems.
Have you learned how important it is to focus on your dog’s dental health? That was my aim to let you know about that issue. Not only that but also explained how to overcome the problem you are having. I hope you will manage these things clearly.